Global montage video
Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and Parent’s Day
The World Singing Day organization is seeking video submissions from children of all ages of “Good Night Mom, Good Night Dad” for the next WSD global video montage celebrating Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and Parent’s Day. In essence, we’re celebrating those who raise(d) you. (A parent or guardian must give permission to submit a video if you’re under 18.)
Submit your video by May 5, 2020.
The closer you follow these tips, the better chance your video will make the final cut.
- Music: Watch this video with the lyrics. Practice singing the song a few times. Match the phrasing the best you can. It doesn’t have to be perfect. (printable lyrics)
- Location: Find a quiet place (no fans or car noises), with good lighting. The main light source should be in front of you (natural lighting is best) with an uncluttered background.
- Recording Equipment: Use a laptop or desktop computer, or two smart phones; and earphones.
- Filming: If using a laptop or desktop computer, sing along to the video with the lyrics with your earphones while filming yourself with your computer’s web camera (or a phone). Start filming several seconds before you start to sing and keep filming a few seconds after you stop singing.
When filming, only your singing should be heard (that’s why earphones are needed). It can be helpful to use only one earphone in an ear so you can hear the track and still hear yourself sing.
If you have a friend who can film you with a phone, ask them to hold the phone horizontally, and capture you from the chest up to above your head.
If you are by yourself without a computer, you’ll need two phones. Put one phone’s camera on video and selfie mode. Hold the phone steady in horizontal position (or use a tripod if you have one). Make sure your whole head, from the chest up, is in the frame. Place the other phone near the first one to sing along to the video with the lyrics with earphones.
Do a practice recording for a few seconds to ensure that the camera is filming correctly.
- Engage: When you’re ready to film, have fun and smile! Remember to sing loud enough to be heard and with an engaging attitude.
- Upload your video: Send your video directly from your phone or computer using this form by May 5, 2020.
Thank you so much for being a part of World Singing Day.
Here’s the song video with lyrics:
Sample of what a WSD global montage video looks like:
World Singing Day is a global sing-along held annually on the 3rd Saturday in October.
Be a part of something big by donating to World Singing Day. This event is completely free to all. Now in its 11th year, many people worldwide give months of their time and expertise to prepare and coordinate this global event. Help us reach more people in more cities and countries by donating here.