Welcome to World Singing Day 2023
Bring the joy of singing together as a community to your town. Invite neighbors over to your home, meet friends at a bar or pub, or invite your whole community to sing together in the city center.
With this year’s global theme of Mental Health, invite local mental health organizations to be part of your event to help raise awareness of this important issue.
What can a Host do to prepare for an in-person sing-along on October 21?
Here is a basic list of things to do to host a WSD sing-along.
- Select a time of day and place for your October 21 sing-along
- Create a local planning group to organize and promote your event
- Invite local mental health organizations to be involved
- Choose a set of songs to sing (60 to 90 minutes is a good length)
- Invite friends, family or your whole community
- Make a Spotify playlist of songs to sing
- Print and hand out lyric sheets, read lyrics on your phone, or project lyrics on a screen
- Sing along to recorded or live music. It’s best if people stand, as this is an active, participatory experience.
- Share photos and videos on social media (#worldsingingday and #leanonme)
Here are examples of what a WSD sing-along can look like:
Do I need to register?
If your event is free and open to the public, we encourage you to register as a host. Our registered hosts receive support and resources from the WSD team, a custom logo and your event listed on our website. If you are planning a private or paid event, there’s no need to register.
What songs do we sing?
Each host chooses whatever songs they like based on what is popular or appropriate in their area or country. Songs that most people are familiar with, and that are easy to sing, are often the best options. There are no rehearsals and people sing together for the pure joy of it. Each year, a montage video is created using video clips sent to us from around the world of people singing the WSD Song of the Year. People can also sing the simple WSD theme song “Till the Whole Sings.“
If you would like to register, Host Registration runs from May 1 through September 30. If you have any questions, send us a message by clicking here.
We look forward to having you join thousands around the world in singing together on World Singing Day and celebrating our common humanity.
World Singing Day is a global sing-along held annually on the 3rd Saturday in October.
Be a part of something big by donating to World Singing Day. This event is completely free to all. Now in its 12th year, many people worldwide give months of their time and expertise to prepare and coordinate this global event. Help us reach more people in more cities and countries by donating here.