Host a sing-along.
Hosting can be as simple as gathering friends and family at your place, in a park, or in a pub, or inviting the whole community for a big sing-along in the center of town.
What does a host organizer do?
Here is some basic information about hosting:
- Select a date, time and place for your sing-along
- Invite friends, family or your whole community
- Create a local planning committee to organize and promote your event
- Choose a set of songs to sing (45 to 90 minutes is a good length)
- Print and hand out lyric sheets or project lyrics on a screen
- Sing along to recorded or live music (singing along to the original recordings works well)
- Sing together on WSD, the third Saturday in October each year
- Share photos and videos on social media (#worldsingingday)
What’s a sing-along look like?
Do I need to register my event?
If your event is free and open to the public, we encourage you to register your event to receive support and resources from the WSD team, a custom logo and your event listed on our website and global map. If your sing-along is a private or paid event, there’s no need to register.
What songs do we sing?
Each host chooses their own song list based on what is popular or appropriate in their area or country. Songs that most people are familiar with, and that are easy to sing, are best. There are no rehearsals and people simply sing the melody. There is a WSD Song of the Year that we invite people to sing each year, and also the simple WSD theme song “Till the Whole Sings.“
If you would like to register, Host Registration will open on April 1, 2020. There will be a registration form on this page to register your event. If you have any questions in the meantime, send us a message by clicking here.
We look forward to having you join thousands around the world in singing together on World Singing Day and celebrating our common humanity.
World Singing Day is a global sing-along held annually on the 3rd Saturday in October.
Be a part of something big by donating to World Singing Day. This event is completely free to all. Now in its 9th year, many people worldwide give months of their time and expertise to prepare and coordinate this global event. Help us reach more people in more cities and countries and continue the WSD mission by donating here.
World Singing Day is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Be a part of this global initiative to create more positive human connections.