The nonprofit organization World Singing Day (WSD) helps organize singalong events in cities around the world throughout the year and on World Singing Day (this year, October 21, 2017).
This annual feel-good celebration is a great way for a municipality, library, downtown development organization, civic club, or local business to bring their community together while being associated with a positive and joyful event.
“Sing Along Loveland was a terrific success. Everyone had a great time singing songs together. It brought together a diverse group of Lovelanders for a fun time. We’re definitely doing this again next year!” – Mayor Cecil Gutierrez, City of Loveland, Colorado
“It was so much fun to sing with friends and strangers alike. What a great community-bonding event.” – Participant (Boulder, Colorado)
Here’s a short video sample: https://youtu.be/JY96TZ_DYPg
A WSD singalong event package makes it easy and affordable for your city to put on its own singalong.
- Concept and framework for the event
- Song playlist for up to 2 hours of singing (e.g. from the Beatles and Sinatra to current hits, and appropriate for all ages)
- MP3s of the songs
- Music licensing with ASCAP and BMI
- Lyric booklet layout and design customized for your city
- Marketing materials
You are responsible for:
- Securing a venue and permit for the event (and a backup venue if outdoors)
- Sound system and technician
- Planning and coordinating with local organizations and businesses
- Selling ads and lyric page sponsorships in lyric booklet (if wanted)
- Printing lyric booklets
- Emcee and local groups leading the singalong (e.g. choirs, students)
- Volunteers for the event
- Liability insurance
- Photographer and/or videographer of the event
- Publicity and advertising (newspapers, TV, radio, and social media)
Additional materials can be purchased:
- World Singing Day stickers
- “Sing Along [your city]” t-shirts
For more details, contact Scott Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.