2015 Award Winners (from $50 to $250 each)
Choirs, schools and musicians from around the world participated again in the “We Sing” awards in 2015. This year’s winners are the Tehran Choir (Iran), SOAR! (Denver, CO), Kirtan group led by Miriam Zernis (Danbury, CT), GloWorld Finishing School led by Theresa Micheal (Tapola, India), Eagle Crest Elementary School (Longmont, CO), Rhonda LaRoy with We Are Gonna Make It Right (Tacoma, WA), Primrose Preschool (Longmont, CO), Steel City Men’s Choir (Birmingham, AL), Loretto Elementary School (Jacksonville, FL), Evergreen Community Charter School (Asheville, NC), Afghanistan National Institute of Music Choir (Kabul, Afghanistan), Doha Singers (Doha, Qatar), Philharmonic Society of Selangor (Malaysia), Mellow Circle Choir (Chennai, India), Miller Middle School (Durango, CO), Notches Choir (Antwerp, Belgium), Evergreen Singers (Olympia, WA), and Broadway Boomers (Lafayette, CO).
Here’s what people did in 2014:
2014 Award Winners ($250 each)
- Bideew Boubess, from Dakar, Senegal (Aug. 24, 2014)
- Children from Aliguay Island, Philippines (Aug. 31)
- Sweet Adelines River Oaks Chorus, from Van Nuys, California (Sept. 7)
- Children of the Ganges school, from Rishikesh, India (Sept. 14)
- Ambassadors of Harmony, from St. Charles, Missouri, USA (Sept. 21)
- Forward Kwenda and friends, from Harare, Zimbabwe (Sept. 28)
- Fairview High School Excalibur Choir, from Boulder, Colorado, USA (Oct. 5)
- Theresa Micheal and Music With A Mission, Mumbai, India (Oct. 12)
- Bernard Lievegoed School, Maastricht, Netherlands (Oct. 19)
- Sándor Fekete-Kiss and HangDala, Budapest, Hungary (Oct. 26)
2014 Grand Prize Winner ($2,000)
Congratulations to the Shankar Mahadevan Academy from Bangalore, India for being the 2014 Grand Prize Winner. Their students and staff submitted some 40 videos from all over India and beyond. Their prize money is going toward music scholarships for deserving students.